WHAT TYPE OF ROYALTIES CAN I SELL AT THE ROYALTY EXCHANGE?
All types of royalty streams are accepted at The Royalty Exchange! While not limited to these industries, royalty streams from music (publishing and/or writer’s share), books, TV shows, films, pharmaceuticals, patents, trademarks, solar energy and oil/gas qualify to be listed at The Royalty Exchange.
WHAT EXACTLY CAN I SELL IN RELATION TO MY ROYALTY STREAM?
This is totally up to you! You can sell any percentage of your royalty stream. The combinations are almost limitless! The Royalty Exchange will work with you on what you want to accomplish and how best to present your royalties.
HOW QUICKLY CAN I SELL MY ROYALTIES?
Once we have all of the previous years royalty statements, we can usually do an auction as soon as 30 days.
WHAT KIND OF BACKGROUND CHECK DOES THE ROYALTY EXCHANGE CONDUCT REGARDING MY ROYALTY STREAM?
The Royalty Exchange has a very easy and simple process for anybody wanting to post items. There are no credit checks, and we only require the past 2-3 years of your item’s royalty statements including the last statement available to ensure there is no encumbrance on the payments.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO PROVIDE US TO LIST YOUR ROYALTY STREAM?
To have your item listed on The Royalty Exchange, you will need to provide us with the following information (items with an asterisk (*) refer only to entertainment royalties):
- What are you looking to sell?
- *For music, writer’s share (performance and/or mechanical royalties) or publishing rights?
- Who is currently paying your royalties?
- AT LEAST three years of royalty statements
- If you are able to access your statements online and download them in a CSV/Excel format, The Royalty Exchange would prefer this method.
After we review your data and verify your royalty stream, we will discuss:
- What percentage of your royalty stream do you want to sell?
- *Which songs in your catalog do you want to sell and what percentage?
- What is your reserve price? A reserve price is the minimum price you would accept for a sale on our marketplace. If the price isn’t met, then there is no sale.
- How we can best promote the auction? The Royalty Exchange will handle most of the promotion but any outlets that you can provide us will increase the possibility of your item selling. Here are a couple of examples:
- Social Media
- Personal Industry Network
WHEN WILL I RECEIVE PAYMENT FOR MY SALE?
If your listing sells, you will receive your payment after the final signed paperwork and payments are received by The Royalty Exchange. This process takes about 5-7 days.
WHO SETS THE MINIMUM BID AND RESERVE PRICE?
The reserve price/minimum price will be mutually determined by you and The Royalty Exchange management. We want to give you complete control of your items, as well as, provide you with the best scenario for your royalty stream to sell.
WHAT CHARGES CAN I EXPECT IF I SELL MY ROYALTIES THROUGH THE ROYALTY EXCHANGE?
The great thing about The Royalty Exchange is there are no charges to list your items! The Royalty Exchange is completely free to post your items, and we only collect 12.5% if your item sells.
Items over $100K are eligible for reduced fee.
I DON’T WANT MY LISTING OR AUCTION TO BE PUBLIC. CAN I PRIVATELY SELL MY ROYALTY STREAM?
Yes. We value your confidentiality and can list your royalty stream privately on our website.
However, a public auction or listing will increase the chance of your royalty stream selling based on visibility and promotional value. If your royalty stream sells publicly, we can also make your listing private after a finalized deal upon request.
HOW WILL I LEARN THE SALE PRICE OF MY PROPERTY?
If you are not present at the auction events, a Royalty Exchange representative will contact you within 24 hours of the auction’s close.
WHAT HAPPENS IF MY ITEM FAILS TO SELL?
If your item fails to reach the reserve price, you have the option to have The Royalty Exchange negotiate on your behalf with the high bidders to see if a deal can be made. Otherwise, there is no sale or cost to you.